NAWEC’s Health Centre III was upgraded to level III during the pandemic period. COVID restrictions limited access to safe birthing facilities. Seeing this critical gap in women’s right to health, we launched a new maternity ward with support from our donors and partners. In 2020 we delivered 61 healthy babies. The health centre also acts as a hands-on training centre for CHWs and government clinicians.
The health facility was upgraded to health from health centre two to three in 2020.
The health Centre has come a long way from a small unrecognized local health facility in Lukojjo to a well-known Centre of excellence for the provision of the best quality health services and training in Mukono district and the surrounding areas. Key services include; laboratory services, ultrasound scans, antenatal care, postnatal care, maternity services, immunization, and a newly introduced COVID-19 unit.
- Laboratory (CBC, Glucose, malaria testing, pregnancy tests, renal function, COVID-19 testing, urinalysis, liver function tests, prostate cancer tests etc.)
- Maternal and Child Health (Normal deliveries, Antenatal Care, Postnatal Care, Family Planning, immunization, cervical cancer screening, breast examination etc.)
- Scan (Obstetrics, abdominal and pelvic)
- Dental (Dental x-rays, extractions, tongue tie operations, cementing, etc.)
- 23,550 Client visits
- 14,066 Laboratory tests
- 2,557 ANC totals
- 1,882 Family planning services
- 815 Dental clients
- 2,246 Scan services
- 151 mothers delivered